Can you explore Ta Prohm and Banteay Srei in one day?
Planning a jam-packed day trip to take in two of Angkor’s most famous temples – Ta Prohm and Banteay Srei – in a single day may seem overambitious. But with astute preparation and an early start, it’s entirely possible to marvel at the atmospheric ruins of Ta Prohm and admire the exquisite carvings of Banteay Srei on a whirlwind one-day tour.
The Core Question: Is It Possible to See Ta Prohm and Banteay Srei Temples in Just One Day?
The short answer – yes! With thoughtful planning, smart transportation choices, and an early start, you can explore the atmospheric jungle temple Ta Prohm and the intricately carved pink sandstone temple Banteay Srei within a 6-8 hour whirlwind day tour.
It’s an ambitious day trip requiring you to:
- Leave at dawn to catch Ta Prohm just after sunrise
- Spend a few hours wandering the atmospheric corridors and taking photos
- Hop in your tour’s private car with driver to go to Banteay Srei
- Soak in the detailed bas reliefs before it gets crowded
- Make few other quick stops nearby like Banteay Samre
- Head back to Siem Reap aroud 1 or 2 pm.
Executed properly, it allows you to see two contrasting Angkor era highlights – Ta Prohm’s nature entwined ruins and Banteay Srei’s ornate carvings – all in one satisfying (if tiring!) day.
Pro Tip: Don’t overpack this itinerary! Adding lots of extras will stretch you too thin. Focus on just Ta Prohm and Banteay Srei to actually enjoy their magic properly.
Answering Key Questions Around Planning a Ta Prohm and Banteay Srei Day Tour
Below we tackle common questions visitors have about tackling these two temples in one day:
What’s the Best Time to Visit and Route For a Ta Prohm and Banteay Srei Day Trip?
Read our dedicate post about this topic:
What Transportation Should I Use For a Ta Prohm and Banteay Srei Day Tour?
Having your own private car and driver is strongly advised for this jam-packed itinerary. Booking a private tour with private car and driver gives you flexibility and cuts commute time versus joining group tours.
Ideally book an air-conditioned sedan or minivan with a knowledgeable local driver well-versed in navigating Angkor’s roads. Expect to pay $25-50$ depending on the vehicle and on your group size for an entire 8 – 9 hour day.
Using a tuk-tuk or motorcycle is NOT recommended given the distances involved. Banteay Srei lies 37 km north of the main Angkor complex so reaching there and back comfortably requires a car.
What’s the Ideal Timeframe For Visiting Ta Prohm and Banteay Srei?
Here’s a suggested timeline for your Ta Prohm and Banteay Srei adventure:
- 6:30 am – Leave Siem Reap to arrive at Ta Prohm before dawn
- 7:20 am – Explore atmospheric Ta Prohm for 1.5-2 hours in the cool morning air
- 9:30 am – Depart Ta Prohm to start heading north
- 10:30 am – Arrive at Banteay Srei right as it opens to beat crowds
- 12:00 pm – Grab lunch at a nearby local restaurant
- 12:30 pm – Check out secondary sites like Banteay Samre if interested
- 1:30 pm – Begin drive back to Siem Reap
This allows you sufficient time at both key venues without feeling rushed. Just be prepared for a very early start and long active day! Having snacks/water in the car helps avoid getting worn out mid-day.
Pro Trip: Another option is doing this route in reverse – start very early at Banteay Srei and end at Ta Prohm right before sunset. This evens out the driving time but may be more tiring.
Additional Tips to Maximize Your Ta Prohm and Banteay Srei Experience
To guarantee your action-packed one day itinerary covering these two Angkor highlights goes smoothly:
- Purchase the one day Angkor pass online in advance to skip ticket queue
- Wear lightweight clothes, walking shoes, hat, sunscreen and mosquito spray
- Carry cash for entrance fees, food, driver tip and any incidentals
- Download an offline map to help navigate the complex without data
- Bring spare batteries and storage for your camera
- Respect temple etiquette like conservative dress and no climbing
Most importantly, try maintaining a relaxed yet efficient pace to soak in the magic without getting overloaded. Finding the right balance of adventure and chill is key!
In Summary…Yes You Can See Ta Prohm and Banteay Srei in One Day!
While tiring, with smart preparation seeing atmospheric jungle temple Ta Prohm at sunrise and intricately carved Banteay Srei pink sandstone temple within one 14-16 hour day trip is totally achievable.
You get to experience two celebrated Angkor era highlights in one satisfying visit.
Just utilize an early start, private transport, avoid overpacking your schedule, and strike the right adventurous yet tranquil vibe!
Have you compacted Ta Prohm and Banteay Srei into one action-packed day before?
Share any lessons or tips with us and fellow travelers! And for creating personalized Angkor itineraries tailored to your interests contact MySiemReapTours today and start crafting your temple adventure!
Explore more on My Siem Reap Tours
Koh Ker and Beng Mealea guided tour | Banteay Srei temple tour semi-private guided tour | Angkor Wat Sunrise shared tour | Koh Ker and Beng Mealea guided tour | Morning Siem Reap floating village tour | Afternoon Siem Reap floating village tour | Private Angkor Wat special tour | Kulen Waterfall small group guided Tour | Private Angkor Wat mix temples photo tour