Afternoon Siem Reap floating village tour [Siem Reap floating village Kampong Phluk Private guided tour] – Siem Reap floating village sunset tour with Small boat mangroves ride included
Discover floating villages and Tonle Sap Lake by boat on this Siem Reap floating village tour, with the benefit of a dusk atmosphere and a great sunset view!
Along with the floating communities, there are stilted villages along the banks of Tonle Sap Lake, where houses and buildings are built on tall, thin stilts that keep the people dry during the wet season and gigantic ladders to reach lower levels during the dry season.
Siem Reap floating village sunset tour – Key Details
Afternoon Siem Reap floating village tour – a private guided tour – is available every day of the week.
- Location: Tonle Sap
- Duration: 5 – 6 Hours
- Live Guide: Yes
- Instant Confirmation
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Pick-Up Service: at the Lobby of your Hotel
Siem Reap floating village tour – Make your choice!
What time of the day to visit the Floating Village in Siem Reap
- Hotel pick up at 01:40 pm to 02:10 pm
- Tour departs at 2:30 pm
- Drop-off time: 7:30 pm [after sunset on the lake]
Afternoon Siem Reap floating village tour [Siem Reap floating village Kampong Phluk guided tour]
Siem Reap floating village sunset tour highlights: Begin the tour by visiting a local market or a pagoda. Then, enjoy a tour of the incredible floating communities, where inhabitants have bravely adapted to some of the most inconceivable conditions, all while smiling.
Take in the wonderful ambiance of this one-of-a-kind community from the comfort of the local boats.
AfternoonSiem Reap floating village tour includes a superb native guide + a plush minivan (with all the conveniences of home on board), + a Private and intimate tour group.
Siem Reap floating village sunset tour – What to Expect
Your tour starts with your hotel pick-up and continues driving to the departure site (Nearadey Cafe). Then take a minivan to the boat station, which is 30 kilometers (18.5 miles) south of Siem Reap.
We begin with a visit to a pagoda or a local market for extremely fascinating photographs, followed by a motorized boat tour of the stilted structures. See how folks have bravely adapted to some of the most unfathomable circumstances.
From the comfort of the boats, take in the wonderful ambiance of this one-of-a-kind community. The guide discusses the people’ history, culture, and way of life. Mangrove vegetation surrounds the villages.
Visit Tonle Sap to see the sunset and swim (available on afternoon option only).
A local guide who speaks fluent English and has years of experience.
What’s Included in the Price
✔️Ticket for the main boat excursion to Kompong Phluk Village.
✔️ Community Entry fee of 2$ per person
✔️ Small boat ride into the mangroves ($5 of Valude included)
✔️ Transportation by luxury minivan to and from your hotel.
✔️ Tour Guide Who Is Fluent In English.
✔️ Ample Supply of Iced Water and Crisp, Chilled Towels.
✔️ Costs imposed by the community at large (aka local taxes).
✔️ Mobile ticket
Siem Reap floating village sunset tour – Hyper Benefits
✅ Visit the Floating Village in Siem Reap (Kampong Phluk) in the afternoon to experience the Tonle Sap lake at dusk and the sunset.
✅ The air-conditioned minivan is always used to drive visitors between the attractions, so they don’t have to walk in the scorching heat.
What’s Not Included
✘ All gratuities.
What You’ll Do – Siem Reap Floating Village Sunset Tour – A Step-by-Step Guide to a Magical Experience
Picture this: You’re standing on a wooden boat, cruising gently through a seemingly endless expanse of water.
The sky is a mesmerizing blend of warm hues as the sun slowly sinks below the horizon.
You’re surrounded by stilted houses, witnessing the daily life of a unique community, and feeling a sense of awe at the sheer beauty of it all. Sounds like a dream, right?
Well, it’s time to turn that dream into reality with a Siem Reap floating village sunset tour.
We’ll explore how to prepare for your adventure, and what to expect during this enchanting experience.
Step 1: Choose the Right Tour Company
When planning your Siem Reap floating village sunset tour, the first step is to choose the right tour company. MySiemReaptours.com
If you’re looking for a guided tour to Kampong Phluk, one of the most popular floating villages in Siem Reap, MySiemReaptours.com has got you covered. Our Siem Reap floating village tour offers:
- Professional English-speaking guides.
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel.
- A relaxing boat ride through the village
- Small boat ride in the mangroves.
- A chance to explore the village on foot.
- Our Siem Reap floating village tours are Private tours, which are all included. Just bring some bucks to grab an extra beer or a souvenir.
Step 2: Prepare for Your Adventure
Once you’ve chosen your tour company and booked your Siem Reap floating village sunset tour, it’s time to prepare for your adventure. Here are some tips to help you get ready:
- Dress comfortably: Wear light, breathable clothing, and don’t forget a hat and sunglasses to protect yourself from the sun.
- Pack essentials: Bring sunscreen, insect repellent, a reusable water bottle, and your camera.
- Respect the local culture: As you’ll be visiting a local community, it’s important to dress modestly (covering your shoulders and knees) and to behave respectfully.
- Bring some cash: You may want to buy souvenirs or snacks during your tour, so ensure you have some Cambodian Riel.
Step 3: Embark on Your Siem Reap Floating Village Sunset Tour
Now that you’re prepared, it’s time to embark on your Siem Reap floating village sunset tour. Here’s what to expect during your adventure:
- Hotel pick-up: Your tour will begin with a pick-up from your hotel in Siem Reap. Ensure you’re ready and waiting in your hotel lobby at the designated time.
- Drive to the floating village: Enjoy the scenic drive from Siem Reap to the floating village, taking in the lush countryside and rice paddies along the way.
- Explore the stilted village: Upon arrival, you’ll have the opportunity to explore the stilted village on foot. Your guide will provide fascinating insights into the daily life of the local residents and the unique architectural features of the homes.
- Board the boat: Next, it’s time to hop aboard a traditional wooden boat and set sail through the floating village. As you cruise along the waterways, observe this unique community’s fascinating way of life. You may even spot children paddling in small canoes or fishermen casting their nets.
- Discover the mangrove forest: Depending on the tour you’ve chosen, you may also have the chance to visit a nearby mangrove forest. This ecologically important area is home to diverse wildlife, including various species of birds, fish, and reptiles.
- Sunset magic: As the sun begins to set, prepare to be dazzled by the breathtaking display of colors that light up the sky. Be sure to have your camera ready to capture this unforgettable moment.
- Return to Siem Reap: After soaking in the beauty of the sunset, it’s time to head back to Siem Reap. Enjoy the nighttime drive as you reflect on your amazing Siem Reap floating village sunset tour experience.
Step 4: Share Your Experience
Now that you’ve completed your Siem Reap floating village sunset tour don’t forget to share your experience with others. Here are a few ways to do so:
- Post on social media: Share your stunning sunset photos and memorable moments from your tour on your favorite social media platforms. Don’t forget to tag the tour company and use relevant hashtags, like #SiemReapFloatingVillage and #SunsetTour.
- Write a review: Send us your review by Email or WhatsApp. This helps to know the review is authentic and helps future travelers make informed decisions when planning their Siem Reap floating village sunset tour.
- Share your story with friends and family: There’s nothing like a good old-fashioned conversation to share your experiences. Tell your friends and family about your adventure and encourage them to visit Siem Reap and embark on their floating village sunset tour.
A Siem Reap floating village sunset tour is an unforgettable experience that allows you to witness these fascinating communities’ unique way of life.
By following this step-by-step guide, you’ll be well-prepared for your adventure and ready to make the most of your time in Siem Reap. So, what are you waiting for? Book your Siem Reap floating village sunset tour today and embark on a truly magical journey.
- When visiting old holy sites, please be respectful. Wear a shirt that covers your shoulders, and you may wear trousers or knee-length pants or skirts.
For children over 12 years old, we charge the normal adult price.
Popular Questions About Siem Reap floating village sunset tour
As a tour planner for MySiemReapTours, I’ve heard every question under the sun about the Siem Reap floating village sunset tour.
I’m here to spill the beans and give you the inside scoop on this once-in-a-lifetime experience. So grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and let’s dive into the most popular questions and answers.
- What’s the best time of year to visit Siem Reap floating village?
- How do I choose the right tour company for my sunset tour?
- What should I wear and pack for the tour?
- Can I interact with the local community during the tour?
- What’s the best way to capture amazing sunset photos?
Best Time of Year to Visit Siem Reap Floating Village
The million-dollar question: When should you visit Siem Reap floating village? Well, the truth is, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer. It all depends on your preferences and what you’re looking to get out of your experience.
Dry Season (November – April)
During the dry season, the water levels in the floating village are lower, exposing more of the stilted houses and revealing the true marvel of their construction. The weather is cooler and more comfortable, which is perfect for exploring the village on foot. Plus, it’s prime time for birdwatching, as migratory birds flock to the area.
Wet Season (May – October)
The wet season brings higher water levels, completely transforming the landscape of the floating village. Boating through the village during this time is truly an otherworldly experience, as you’ll feel as if you’re navigating a watery wonderland. The lush greenery and rain-soaked surroundings make for breathtaking photo ops, and the sunsets can be even more spectacular.
Ultimately, the best time to visit Siem Reap floating village depends on your priorities. Are you after cooler weather and the chance to explore on foot? Dry season is your best bet. But if you’re seeking a more immersive boating experience and jaw-dropping scenery, wet season might be your cup of tea.
Choosing the Right Tour Company
Now that you’ve nailed down the perfect time to visit Siem Reap floating village, let’s talk about tour companies. With so many options out there, how do you pick the cream of the crop?
Fear not, my intrepid traveler. Here are some tips to help you choose the right tour company for your sunset tour:
- Compare prices and inclusions: Don’t let a seemingly low price tag blind you. Be sure to compare what’s included in each tour package, such as transportation, meals, and entrance fees, to ensure you’re getting the best bang for your buck.
- Look for knowledgeable and friendly guides: A knowledgeable and friendly guide can make all the difference in your experience. Seek out tour companies that hire local guides who are passionate about sharing their insights and love for their community.
- Prioritize safety and responsibility: Choose a tour company that prioritizes safety and operates responsibly, respecting the local community and environment.
What to Wear and Pack for the Siem Reap floating village sunset tour
Alright, you’ve got your timing and your tour company locked in. Now, let’s talk about getting decked out for your adventure. Here’s a handy checklist of what to wear and pack for your Siem Reap floating village sunset tour:
What to wear:
- Lightweight, breathable clothing: Think linen or moisture-wicking fabrics that’ll keep you cool and comfy throughout the day.
- Sun protection: A wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses are essential for shielding your noggin and peepers from the sun’s rays.
- Modest attire: Remember, you’re visiting a local community, so it’s important to dress respectfully. Cover your shoulders and knees, and avoid any flashy or revealing clothing.
- Comfortable footwear: Opt for sturdy sandals or sneakers, as you may be walking on uneven terrain or getting in and out of boats.
What to pack:
- Sunscreen: You’ll be exposed to the sun for a good chunk of the day, so slather on that SPF like there’s no tomorrow.
- Insect repellent: Keep those pesky bugs at bay with a reliable insect repellent.
- Reusable water bottle: Stay hydrated throughout your tour with a reusable water bottle. Bonus points for being eco-friendly!
- Camera or smartphone: You’ll want to capture the magic of the sunset and the floating village, so make sure your camera or smartphone is charged and ready to go.
- Cash: Bring along some Cambodian Riel for souvenirs or snacks during the tour.
Interacting with the Local Community
One of the most enriching aspects of the Siem Reap floating village sunset tour is the opportunity to interact with the local community. Here are some tips to help you engage with the residents in a respectful and meaningful way:
- Listen and learn: Approach your interactions with curiosity and humility. Listen attentively to the stories and insights shared by your guide and the local residents, and ask thoughtful questions to deepen your understanding of their way of life.
- Respect personal boundaries: Remember that you’re a guest in their community. Be mindful of personal boundaries, and ask for permission before entering someone’s home or taking their photo.
- Support local businesses: Purchasing handmade souvenirs or snacks from local vendors is a great way to show your support for the community and contribute to their economy.
- Share a smile: Sometimes, a warm smile can be the perfect icebreaker, transcending language barriers and cultural differences.
Capturing Amazing Sunset Photos
You’ve made it to the pièce de résistance: the glorious Siem Reap floating village sunset tour. To help you capture the beauty of this unforgettable moment, here are some tips for snapping amazing sunset photos:
- Arrive early: Stake out your spot on the boat well before the sun begins to set, so you have a prime vantage point for your photos.
- Be patient: The colors and intensity of the sunset can change rapidly. Keep your camera at the ready and be prepared to capture the perfect shot when the moment strikes.
- Experiment with different settings: Play around with your camera or smartphone’s settings to find the best combination for capturing the vibrant colors of the sunset.
- Rule of thirds: To create a visually interesting composition, try placing the horizon along the top or bottom third of the frame, rather than dead center.
- Capture the reflections: The water surrounding the floating village can provide some stunning sunset reflections. Look for interesting patterns or mirror images to add an extra dimension to your photos.
Once again – Don’t Forget to Bring
➱ Bring sunscreen to keep your skin safe from the sun!
➱ Bring insect repellent — there are annoying bugs everywhere in Cambodia!
➱ We all need to wear comfy walking shoes because there are lovely walks in and around the Kampong Phluk attractions!
Siem Reap floating village sunset tour – The meeting point for your tour departure
Afternoon Siem Reap floating village sunset tour [Siem Reap floating village Kampong Phluk guided tour]
Free Pick-up Service: meet your driver at your Hotel lobby in Siem Reap.
Start time: 1:30 pm to 1:45 pm.
Tour departs 2:00 pm.
Drop off back at Hotel after approximately 5 hours.
We advise that our guests reach the hotel lobby by 1:30 pm (afternoon tour).
Siem Reap floating village sunset tour – Know Before You Go
- When you book, you receive a confirmation in your email with your tour e-ticket.
- The dress code is relaxed and informal. When visiting old holy sites, please be respectful.
- Please dress adequately for the excursion, which runs in all weather situations.
- Wheelchair access is not available.
- It is advised to bring swimwear (in the afternoon tour) and insect repellant.
- Please dress appropriately for all weather conditions.
- Accessible for strollers.
- It is not suggested for travelers who have back difficulties.
- This joint tour is not appropriate for newborns or children under the age of 12.
- Travelers should be in good physical condition.
- The rates include any relevant government tax.
- All the rates listed above are net and in US dollars per person.
- The program schedule is subject to change without notice.
- The exact pick-up and drop-off times will be communicated via email.
- Dropping time cannot be guaranteed because it depends on the situation and traffic.
Why small private group tours?
While it’s still big enough to have a great communal atmosphere, it’s still intimate enough that you may explore each spot on your own. Our small semi-private groups are never more than ten people.
We continue to use this as the standard upper limit for the size of small groups because it has consistently been highlighted as an important selling element by all of our client’s testimonials. Because of the frequent positive feedback we’ve received from our guests regarding our ability to handle small groups, we’ve decided that this will be the typical maximum number of people in a group.
Private Afternoon Siem Reap floating village tour [Siem Reap floating village Kampong Phluk guided tour]
Why Local guides?
Follow in the footsteps of our tour guide. These local experts refer to your stunning tour destination as “home.”
- Get ready, relax and learn about local treasures, folklore, personalities, and historical information!
- Prepare to receive and discover what every other traveler misses when they simply search and surf the web.
What is the sanitization policy for the afternoon Siem Reap floating village tour [Siem Reap floating village Kampong Phluk guided tour]?
- Travelers and workers can use hand sanitizer.
- Regular sanitization of transportation vehicles.
What precautions are being taken to preserve the health and safety of the staff during the afternoon Siem Reap floating village Kampong Phluk guided tour?
- Checks on the staff’s temperature at regular intervals.
- Staff members experiencing symptoms are eligible for a paid leave of absence.
Siem Reap floating village – Get only the Top Rated itineraries and the Top Rated tour experience at the best Value possible
✅ Professionally trained and licensed tour guides, operators, and drivers.
✅ Only carefully curated, tried-and-true adventures, selected trips that have been thoroughly tested.
✅ Daily departures and the ability to accommodate journeys planned at the last minute.
✅ Come together in a more intimate setting, smaller groups with like-minded people who share your perspective on things and getaways with a focus on environmental stewardship and community service.
Exploring Siem Reap floating village: Boat tours, Floating Village tours, Guided Tours, Kompong Phluk tours, Small group tours, Siem Reap floating village sunset tour.
PS: So there you have it, folks – the ultimate guide to navigating the Siem Reap floating village sunset tour like a pro with our private guides. As your trusty tour planner, I’m here to give you one last gem of wisdom: when searching for the top private Siem Reap floating village sunset tour, focus on benefits and results.
- Tailor-made experiences: The beauty of a private tour is that it can be customized to your preferences, ensuring a truly personalized experience.
- Flexible schedule: With a private tour, you have more control over the timing and pace of your day, allowing you to savor every moment of your journey.
- Undivided attention: A private guide means you’ll have their undivided attention, providing you with more in-depth insights and a richer understanding of the floating village and its people.
- Intimate interactions: A smaller group size allows for more meaningful and authentic interactions with the local community, creating a deeper connection to the place and its people.
You will be well on your way to experiencing the magic of the Siem Reap floating village sunset tour if you follow this guide and come with our Private Guided Tour. If you do so, you will be well on your way.
Now, if you don’t mind my asking, what exactly are you looking forward to the most?
Now is the moment to go off on your journey and amass memories that will be etched in your mind for the rest of your life. Joyful journey, my friend!
Jacob E. –
These tours are very well organized, and include both pickup and drop off at your hotel, in addition to a tour guide who will explain everything that happens throughout the tour. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and provided us with a wealth of information regarding the history of the floating town as well as the day-to-day activities that take place there. I am confident that you will have a fantastic time on any one of these tours, so please do not hesitate to book one of them.
Tim and Vanessa –
I loved this tour! It was a unique experience that I would never have been able to find on my own (I saw some companies offering tuk tuks from the road plus paying entrances fees and paying for the boats it seemed all very complicated). I decided for this tour because it is hassle free and it is all included. I enjoyed learning about the unique floating villages and seeing them up close. I also enjoyed spending a full afternoon on the lake and seeing the vast expanse of water. This tour was a great way to spend my third day in Siem Reap.
Selena Juarez –
I was reading about a tour that would take me to see the floating villages of Siem Reap. I loved the pictures and I thought it sounded like a great idea. The tour was so informative and the guides were so nice. I had a great time learning about the culture and traditions of these communities. The floating villages of Siem Reap are an unforgettable experience and one that I would recommend.