Private Angkor Thom half-day tour – Journey to the Heart of Angkor Thom | A Stunning Tour of the Ancient City
Discover the Wonders of Angkor Thom with a specific and fascinating guided journey through time!
How to book this Private Angkor Thom half-day tour?
Visit Angkor Thom. For this Private Temples Tour, the price varies per group, not per person.
Select the number of guests in your private group (the price shown is based on the price for your entire group, all features included).
Welcome to our Angkor Thom Tour! Step back in time and explore the ancient city of Angkor Thom, the former capital of the Khmer Empire. Located in present-day Cambodia, Angkor Thom is known for its impressive temples and other structures, many of which have been well-preserved.
Bayon temple ▷ Terrace of the Leper King ▷ Terrace of Elephants ▷ Phimeanakas temple ▷ Baphuon temple ▷ Baksei Chamkrong Temple
Private Angkor Thom half-day tour | Key Details
Private Angkor Thom half-day tour – Angkor Thom Guided Tour – is available every day of the week.
- Location: Angkor Wat National Park
- Duration: 5 Hours
- Departure Time: your Hotel lobby: 7:00 AM – 7:15 AM
- Return Time: 12:30 PM (approx.)
- Live Guide: Yes
- Instant Confirmation
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Printed Voucher Accepted
- Pick-Up Service: at the Lobby of your Hotel
- There will be a maximum of 8 people on this tour/activity.
- This incredible temple tour calls for a current Angkor Pass, which can be purchased for $37 per person. You have the option of purchasing tickets prior to the start of the tour; however, your tour guide will be there to help you in purchasing a ticket before you visit Angkor Thom.
Taking a private tour is the best way to ensure you don’t miss the best highlights of Angkor Thom.
Private Angkor Thom half-day tour: Come with us on a tour of Angkor’s most famous ancient city structures and highlights. Visit Bayon temple, Angkor Thom, the Baphuon temple, and so much more! This tour includes a superb native guide + a plush minivan (with all the conveniences of home on board), + a small, intimate tour group (Perfect for lone tourists).
What to Expect
Angkor Thom: This temples and city complex is the main attraction of Siem Reap, and a dedicated visit to Angkor Thom is a must for any traveler to the region. The temples are a marvel of ancient architecture and are sure to leave a lasting impression on visitors.
Cultural experiences: Angkor Thom is an ancient city with a rich history and culture, and a tour with our crew will allow travelers to experience this firsthand. From visiting Angkor National park and getting in touch with the traditional Cambodian lifestyle to learning about the history and customs of the Khmer people, there are many opportunities for cultural immersion in Angkor Thom.
Expert guidance: With us as your guide, travelers can be sure to get the most out of their visit to Angkor Thom. We provide valuable insights into the history and culture of the region and help travelers navigate the many temples and attractions of Angkor Thom.
Convenience: A tour with us takes care of all the logistics, allowing travelers to sit back and enjoy their vacation. From transportation to refreshments, we can handle all the details, making your private trip hassle-free and fully enjoyable.
A local guide who speaks fluent English and has years of experience.
Private Angkor Thom half-day tour | What’s Included in the Price
✔️ Ideal for evading crowds.
✔️ Transportation by luxury minivan to and from your hotel.
✔️ Tour guide who is fluent in English.
✔️ Plenty of iced water bottles and crisp, chilled towels.
✔️ Costs imposed by the community at large (aka local taxes).
✔️ Mobile ticket
Private Angkor Thom half-day tour Hyper Benefits
✅ Private Angkor Thom Guided Tour to Angkor is to observe and explore the Bayon temple in the early morning, avoiding the crowds and arriving early.
✅ The air-conditioned minivan is always used to drive visitors between the several temples at Angkor so that they don’t have to walk in the scorching heat.
What’s Not Included
✘ All gratuities.
✘ Your Angkor temple pass.
Private Angkor Thom half-day tour – What You’ll Do
At 7:30 AM, you will be met and greeted by your tour guide and driver, and you will begin your journey to the enigmatic and enchanting temple of Bayon. We can avoid the crowds and see the temple at its quietest if we start our tour here.
This temple, located in the heart of Angkor Thom, is a quirky expression of Cambodia’s most celebrated king’s creative genius and inflated ego. Its 54 towers are topped with the four faces of Avalokiteshvara (Buddha of Compassion), who bears a striking resemblance to the king himself.
The Terrace of the Leper King is our next site in Angkor Thom. This ornately carved platform functioned as the royal cremation, and the statue, which was initially assumed to be the leper king, is now thought to be Yama, the god of death.
We continue down the Terrace of Elephants, which was originally utilized as a viewing gallery for the king to monitor parades, performances, and traditional sports. The Baphuon temple, one of the most exquisite at Angkor, is located at the southern end and was completed in the 11th century under the reign of Uditayavarman. It has undergone major renovations and is now open for inspection.
Enjoy Sightseeing at the Baksei Chamkrong Temple and the South Gate.
We will return you to your hotel so that you can spend the rest of your day at leisure.
- When visiting old holy sites, please be respectful. Wear a shirt that covers your shoulders, and you may wear trousers or knee-length pants or skirts.
Don’t Forget to Bring
➱ Bring sunscreen to keep your skin safe from the sun!
➱ Bring insect repellent — there are annoying bugs everywhere in Cambodia!
➱ We all need to wear comfy walking shoes because there are some lovely walks to do in and around the temples!
Private Angkor Thom half-day tour – Meeting point for your tour departure
Private Angkor Thom half-day guided tour
Free Pick-up Service: meet your driver at your Hotel lobby in Siem Reap.
Start time: 07:00 AM to 07:15 AM.
Tour departs at 7:30 AM.
Drop off back at Hotel around 12:30 PM.
Know Before You Go
- When you book, you receive a confirmation in your email with your tour e-ticket.
- Wheelchair access is not available.
- The dress code is relaxed and informal. When visiting old holy sites, please be respectful.
- It is advised to bring swimwear as well as an insect repellant.
- Please dress appropriately for all weather conditions.
- Visit Angkor Thom in the morning with our professional guide. There is a maximum of 8 people per booking for this Angkor Thom private tour. If your group is over 8 persons, you can click to contact us to have a bespoke price for your private group. If you are interested in the private tour that has been by far the most spectacular and the most purchased by our customers, you can visit this page now: Private Angkor Wat special tour
- Accessible for strollers.
- It is not suggested for travelers who have back difficulties.
- This private tour is not appropriate for newborns or very young children. Be sure to take care of that during the tour, as there are several walks to do.
- Travelers should be in good physical condition.
- The rates include any relevant government tax.
- All the rates listed above are net and in US dollars per group.
- The program schedule is subject to change without notice.
- The exact pick-up and drop-off times will be communicated via email.
- Dropping time cannot be guaranteed because it depends on the situation and traffic.
Why small group tours?
While it’s still big enough to have a great communal atmosphere, it’s still intimate enough that you may explore each spot on your own. Our small semi-private groups are never more than ten people.
We continue to use this as the standard upper limit for the size of small groups because it has consistently been highlighted as an important selling element by all of our client’s testimonials. Because of the frequent positive feedback we’ve received from our guests regarding our ability to handle small groups, we’ve decided that this will be the typical maximum number of people in a group.
Private Angkor Thom half-day guided tour – Private Angkor Thom tour – This experience necessitates a minimum number of participants. You will be offered a new date/experience or a full refund if the minimum is not fulfilled.
Why Local guides?
Follow in the footsteps of our tour guide. These local experts refer to your stunning tour destination as “home.”
- Get ready, relax and learn about local treasures, folklore, personalities, and historical information!
- Prepare to receive and discover what every other traveler misses when searching and surfing the web.
What is the sanitization policy for the Private Angkor Thom tour?
- Travelers and workers can use hand sanitizer.
- Regular sanitization of transportation vehicles.
What precautions are being taken to preserve the health and safety of the staff during the Private Angkor Thom tour?
- Checks on the staff’s temperature at regular intervals.
- Staff members experiencing symptoms are eligible for a paid leave of absence.
Private Angkor Thom half-day tour. Get only the Top Rated itineraries and the Top Rated tour experience at the best Value possible
✅ Professionally trained and licensed tour guides, operators, and drivers.
✅ Only carefully curated, tried-and-true adventures, selected trips that have been thoroughly tested.
✅ Daily departures and the ability to accommodate journeys planned at the last minute.
✅ Come together in a more intimate setting, smaller groups with like-minded people who share your perspective on things and getaways with a focus on environmental stewardship and community service.
Private Angkor Thom half-day tour:
Angkor Thom half-day tour, Angkor Thom private tour, Angkor Thom tour, Baphuon temple, Baphuon temple tour, Bayon temple, Bayon temple guided tour, Guided Tours, Phimeanakas temple, Small group tours, Terrace of Elephants.
Follow the Private Angkor Thom tour and MySiemReapTours.com on Tumblr!
Visit the Private Angkor Thom tour and follow MySiemReapTours.com on Instagram!
PS: In the interest of full disclosure, this itinerary, “Private Angkor Thom tour,” contains a relaxed pace itinerary indication. The tour guides and our team continuously test the itinerary. If you make the purchase, we recommend that you be well aware that the itinerary has always been repeated with the success and satisfaction of our clients, as long as you carefully follow the timelines instructed by your tour guide.
We can continue delivering you free travel guidance and views.
If you found the content valuable and chose to participate in our tour itinerary, then you are amazing, and we are grateful to you for doing so.
PSS: Explore the ancient city of Angkor Thom in style on a private half-day tour.
Curiosity: Baksei Chamkrong Temple was constructed in the middle of the tenth century (947), possibly beginning by Harshavarman I and possibly completed by Rajendravarman II. It was dedicated to Siva (Hindu), and it is possible that it was a funerary temple for the king’s parents, having to follow the transitory between Bakheng and Koh Ker.
The stairs leading up to the Central Sanctuary are in disrepair. Still, visitors can get a good look at the building’s design and decoration by walking around the temple (in a clockwise direction). Those determined to reach the Central Sanctuary should ascend through the stairs located in the northernmost part of the structure.
Things to note
Don’t miss the Private Angkor Wat Sunrise trip if you’re interested in learning about Cambodia’s past.
Want to see the most unique temples at your own pace? Book a Private Angkor Wat special tour
We know this might be a difficult thing for some of you to internalize, especially if you are coming from Scandinavia or England, but we must strongly warn you to be very careful when crossing the streets in Siem Reap. Walking the downtown streets and riverfront is great, but please be aware of oncoming traffic when crossing the street.